Monday, July 28, 2014

SMASH styling

A big thanks to everyone who read, commented and shared my latest blog post about anxiety.  If you ever want to talk more about mental health, please e-mail me at tinfoilstiaras{at}gmail{dot}com
 
For now, we're back to our regular Tinfoil Tiaras scheduling, time to talk fashion! A few months ago I turned 26 and for some reason that age felt 'scary' to me.  No longer in my early twenties, I felt like it was time to start getting serious about life.  I own a house with a man and a cat that I love, I live in a beautiful city and I have a wonderful support system. The career? I wasn't so happy with.  So after months of complaining (and some crying), I decided to quit my full-time job back in June.  It was no longer filling me with a sense of satisfaction and I was becoming jaded and grumpy.  When I quit my job I had nothing but a three week fashion styling contract and a part-time retail job to fall back on. 
 
For years I have been wanting to start my own company so about a month ago, I launched SMASH styling, a fashion company for men & women based out of Ottawa.  I provide closet consultations, personal shopping, photo-shoot styling and style workshops.  Besides running my own business, I continue to volunteer as the Co-Founder of non-profit Suits his Style and am merchandising and selling for a couple of local fashion boutiques.  Variety is the spice of life and I am thoroughly enjoying the diversity in my days.  A little fashion here, a little social work there. 
Dress- Vintage; Blazer- Thrifted; Hat- Simons (Montreal); Booties- Pour la Victoire (Santa Monica); Necklaces- Lia Sophia (Gifted)



 I'm going to continue blogging about affordable elegance over here at Tinfoil Tiaras, but if you'd like to check out what I'm at to at SMASH, I'd love to connect with you on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest.  Be sure to leave your social media links in the comment section below so I can follow you as well!
 


 
SMASHstyling{at}gmail{dot}com
@SMASHStyling (twitter & Instragram)
 


10 comments:

  1. Good for you Emily! Congrats on your new endeavor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your new venture, Emily. BTW, what is a "Bluenoser"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is so awesome that you have started your own business. I wish I could start my own business. I wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Congrats. I know you will do awesome at this. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on this decision, Em. I know you will profit (literally and figuratively) from this decision. What a year of personal growth this has been! love you always, Mum xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a big step, quitting a full time job to venture into entrepreneurship, you are hard-working and determined, I foresee future success!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your site http://tinfoilstiaras.blogspot.com/ is really a good site. I always visit this. This post is good but you should write your post largely. Thanks jobs in Ottawa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete

One of my daily joys is reading the lovely comments you leave. It may take a day or two (or three, depending on how hectic life gets!) but I will stop by your slice of the blogosphere soon! xo Emily